Access to Public Records (APRA)

If you need copies of documents that the Building Department may be able to provide you are required to submit an APRA request form. After filling out the form submit it to

Note that fees may be charged for hard copies of any of the requested documents.

***JANUARY 1, 2018 CHANGE***

Starting January 1, 2018 the Building Department will no longer be responsible for Zoning Administration and management of the Area Board of Zoning Appeals for the City of South Bend and St. Joseph County. This will become the responsibility of the Area Plan Commission. As well, Commercial and Sign permits will require an additional ILP review by the Area Plan Commission.


For more information contact us at 574-235-9554 or email.