CITY ANNOUNCES UPCOMING SCHEDULE FOR TRASH PICK-UP
The City of South Bend will be announcing the upcoming holiday schedule for trash pick-up services.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day will be observed by the City of South Bend on Monday, January 15th. Trash pick-up will be delayed by one day for that entire week.
Next week’s trash pick-up schedule will be:
Monday, January 15th: Martin Luther King Jr. Day observed, no trash pick-up
Tuesday, January 16th: Trash pick-up in areas normally serviced on Monday
Wednesday, January 17th: Trash pick-up in areas normally serviced on Tuesday
Thursday, January 18th: Trash pick-up in areas normally serviced on Wednesday
Friday, January 19th: Trash pick-up in areas normally serviced on Thursday
For additional information, residents can call 311 between the hours of 7:30 A.M. and 5:30 P.M., Monday through Friday.
Large Item, Miscellaneous, or Yard Waste Extra Pickup Guidelines
Complete the form below or call 311 or 574-233-0311 to schedule your pickup. Must be within City limits and pay for City Trash Services. Web forms must be filled out by 2pm the business day before scheduled trash pick-up day. Anything submitted after 2pm will be scheduled for the following week. (Please note that the Solid Waste Office Staff processes these forms. You will receive a confirmation email when your extra is scheduled. Please do NOT schedule an extra pick-up via web form AND call 311 to schedule the same extra.)
- Large items and yard waste must be out by 6:00 a.m. at the front of the address.
- One single appliance or one piece of furniture will be picked up at no charge. Additional items will be charged $20.00 per cubic yard.*
- Items for pickup must be placed in front, at the curb, in an open area, unobstructed by trees, power lines, cars, containers, or mailboxes, and not leaning against buildings, fences, or trees.
- If the extra pickup was out and there was a reason why the driver could not pick it up, the extra will be picked up the following service day whenever possible.
- Items we cannot accept: paint, oil, solvents, sod, soil, rocks, tires, or items with human bodily fluids.
- Yard waste cannot be dirt, sod, logs, or rocks.
- All yard waste must be cut down to less than 4 feet in length, less than four inches in diameter, and bundled tightly with twine. All leaves set out in bags must be put in the brown, biodegradable paper leaf bags.
* A cubic yard is approximately the size of a kitchen stove.