Responsible for monitoring the participants as they skate on the ice to ensure their safety and that the rules of the facility are being followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Serve as a representative of the City of South Bend, demonstrating a positive attitude and progressive actions through the display of professionalism, courtesy, and appropriate tact and discretion in all interactions with the other employees and with the public.
• Assist in the daily, as well as weekly, clean-up of facilities and grounds.
• Responsible for being on the ice and ensuring the participants are following all safety rules.
• Responsible for assisting any participants that injure themselves on the ice by helping them off the ice to seek medical attention and complete incident reports when necessary.
• Assist the maintenance personnel with situations concerning the ice conditions.
• Assist with security inside the building as needed.
• Assist with promotion of skating operations.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.