Council Mission Statement: To make certain that our City Government is always responsive to the needs of our residents & that the betterment of South Bend is always our highest priority
Common Council Member Information Where is Common Council Member Information occurring?How do I get more information on Common Council Member…
Common Council Bill Petition Filing Deadlines Where do I submit my bill petition? Visit the City Clerk's Office4th floor of…
SOUTH BEND SCHOOLS & CITY OF SOUTH BEND OPEN APPLICATION FOR JOINT ADVISORY COMMITTEE Committee PurposeHow to submit your applicationCommittee…
The Common Council meets on the 2nd & 4th Mondays of each month. To place an item on the Council’s agenda, it must be filed in the Office of the City Clerk, Room 455, County-City Building by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday prior to the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month.
The Council is authorized by Indiana state law to act on two (2) types of legislation, namely: resolutions & ordinances.
- Resolutions are limited to matters relating to internal affairs or operations & are heard at one Council meeting.
- Ordinances address all matters which are of a general and permanent nature. Ordinances address topics in the South Bend Municipal Code; establish fees & charges; regulate conduct; establish penalties; and are required for the passage of budgets, the setting of salaries, and zoning changes.
For all groups and presenters who wish to be recognized at the Common Council Meetings please check in with the City Clerk’s Office beforehand.
Watch Live Council Meetings
Please view upcoming meetings at these available streaming locations:
- Michiana Access TV Youtube
- Press Releases
- Presentations & Public Materials
Michiana Access TV, an open forum, non-commercial, public access television outlet, will broadcast the bi-monthly meetings of South Bend Common Council. The meetings will air live and will be rebroadcast throughout the week. A calendar of programs can be found at http://michianaaccesstv.org. Michiana Access TV is channel 99 on Comcast.
Upcoming Meeting Documentation
- Upcoming Council Meeting Agenda & Packet
- Upcoming Committee Meeting Notices
- Upcoming Bills
- Fill out this form in order to comment on an agenda item
- Common Council Bill Petition Filing Deadlines
Resources & Reference
- Community Police Review Board
- Municipal Code
- Quality of Life Ordinances
- Common Council Minutes
- Common Council Virtual Meeting Recordings
- Committee Meeting Minutes
- Standard Operating Procedures of the Common Council
- Committee Attendance
- Council Meeting Attendance
- Council Voting Record
- Annual Reports
227 West Jefferson Blvd Suite 441 S South Bend, IN 46601
Upcoming Public Meetings
|2024 Budget Hearing: Administrative Departments (Admin & Finance, Legal, Innovation & Technology)
|2024 Budget Hearing: Mayor’s Office, Diversity & Inclusion, City Clerk, Common Council
|2024 Budget Hearing: Transpo, Budget Wrap-Up & Final Questions