The Zoning Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the Zoning Administrator and the Zoning Specialist in their roles with the Advisory Plan Commission and Advisory Board of Zoning Appeals. This includes welcoming and assisting visitors to the Department of Community Investment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Welcome and assist visitors, answer telephone, screen and/or forward calls, provide information (e.g., address and departmental) to the public as requested, and take messages.
• Assist individuals with form completion (e.g., zoning applications, permits).
• Perform routine office duties, such as filing, photocopying/scanning, creating, sorting, and distributing documents, and handling routine correspondence.
• Respond to questions and concerns, provide guidance to the public regarding policies, procedures, or regulations or refer them to the appropriate department personnel.
• Maintain department files (active & archives) using appropriate retention schedules and department policies.
• Collect and receipt payments.
• Process and prepare memos, correspondence, or other documents.
• Schedule space or equipment for special programs and prepare lists of participants.
• Maintain office supply inventory and process department orders for supplies in addition to ensuring printers/copiers have what is necessary to guarantee working order.
• Attend all Advisory Plan Commission and Advisory Board of Zoning Appeals meetings.
• Sets up meeting space and recording system.
• Provide administrative support for the Zoning Administrator, and Zoning Specialist including composing correspondence, preparing reports and presentations, drafting of legal documents, etc.
• Document meeting attendance and transcribe minutes.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answers phones, assists customers, and performs other duties as required.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.