Processes a variety of building permits and answers questions for the Building Department submitted by mail or in person. Together with the team, will help facilitate an efficient and positive customer experience. This position deals directly with the public at the front counter of the office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Issues a variety of permits for construction in conjunction with Microsoft Office products, PDF creation and manipulation, electronic scanning and filing, data/document management, windows file structure and manipulation.
• Answers general questions regarding zoning, building and permitting process.
• Reviews permit applications for compliance and completion, including but not limited to flood districts, historical districts, lots of record, use and setbacks.
• Maintains electronic records of residential and commercial permits.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assumes additional responsibilities as requested and assists other team members as needed.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.