How do I dispute an Invoice?
- If you feel that you have received an invoice in error, please fill out an Invoice Dispute Form.
Please read the following before filling out the invoice dispute form:
- This form may not be used to dispute a delinquent invoice that is subject to a pending collection action. If you have received notification of a collection action, please follow the instructions contained on the collection notice.
- This form may not be substituted for any action required under I.C. 36-7-9-7 or I.C.36-7-9-8 of the Unsafe Building Law.
- This form must be submitted within ten (10) days of the date on the document being appealed. After the appeal is considered, you will receive a determination in the mail containing additional information and instructions.
- To dispute an invoice you need to fill the form out in its entirety. Incomplete forms will not be reviewed.
- Include copies of any pictures you may have.
- If you are disputing an invoice based on incorrect ownership information, please include a copy of the recorded/notarized deed showing a transfer of ownership.
- If you are disputing an invoice based on incorrect address, please provide copies of pictures showing your property line vs. where the citation occurred.
- If you personally paid someone to remove these items, please provide a copy of the receipt.
- If you had a special pick-up scheduled, please indicate that on the form. We will verify the special pick-up with the Department of Solid Waste.
Note: Special pick-up items cannot be placed out for pick-up more than 24 hours before the scheduled special pick-up.
- Online Dispute Form - only to be used if your dispute does not require supporting documentation such as photos, deed, receipts, etc.
- Downloadable Dispute Form - use if your dispute has supporting documentation
If you choose to print the form(s), please fill out completely and send to:
E-mail Address: CodeEnforcementBilling@southbendin.gov
Fax Number: 574-235-7703
Mailing/Hand Delivery Address:Department of Code Enforcement Attn: Invoice Dispute 1300 County-City Building
227 W. Jefferson Blvd
South Bend, IN 46601-1830