Brochures, Information & Resources

We appreciate your interest in learning about Code Enforcement and our City's municipal ordinances.  Below you will find informational brochures about our most frequently used programs as well as environmental and housing issues.

If you still have questions or concerns not addressed in these brochures, please contact our office so we can help.


Continuous Enforcement

        Continuous Enforcement (applies to all violation types)


        Dumping Prevention

        Organizing a Neighborhood Cleanup

        Tall Grass & Weeds

              Tall Grass & Weed Regulations Brochure (Source: City Council)

              Un Folleto de la Ordenanza Zacate/Maleza Alta (Source: City Council)

              Informacíon de la Ordenanza Zacate/Maleza Alta (Source: City Council)


        Landlord Registration - FAQ Landlord Registration

        Landlord Tenant Relations & Rights

        Renovate Right: Lead Paint (Source: Department of Housing & Urban Development)

             Remodelar Correctamente: Pintura de Plomo (Source: Department of Housing &                                                      Urban Development)

         Vacant & Abandoned Properties Registration


        Parking Guidelines

Resources for Assistance

    Human Rights Commission - 574-235-9355

        The purpose of the South Bend Human Rights Commission is to study and act upon problems which

        involve relationships between members of different ethnic groups, genders, sexual orientation or gender

        identity, nationalities, the disabled, and families with children.

    Lawyer Referral Program of St. Joseph County - 574-235-9657

        The Lawyer Referral Service was established to assist individuals in finding an attorney.

    REAL Services - 574-284-2644

        REAL Services is an umbrella organization for more than twenty programs that assist the elderly, disabled

        and/or low-income individuals.

    Rebuilding Together - 574-289-1066

        Rebuilding Together provides assistance with repairing homes, revitalizing communities and rebuilding


    St. Vincent DePaul - 574-236-6000 (option 3)

        St. Vincent DePaul provides assistance in the form of food, clothing, rent/utility assistance, educational

        programs, and much more.

    United Way - 1-877-502-0700 or 211

        United Way provides help with utility assistance, disaster resources, housing, shelter, veterans and much


    Volunteer Lawyer Network - 574-277-0075

        The Volunteer Lawyer Network, Inc. is dedicated to facilitating the provision of free legal assistance and

        representation from community lawyers to low-income individuals.