The Ordinance Violations Bureau (OVB) was created by the city ordinance on December 12, 1988 to establish a specific office within the city to allow the collection of fines for violations of the South Bend Municipal Code.
Parking Ticket Amnesty
Each year, the Ordinance Violations Bureau grants fee amnesty to parking citations by waiving late fees assigned to parking citations paid that day (excluding any ticket which has been referred to the City Legal Department for collection or other action). The citation must be paid on Parking Ticket Amnesty Day in order to receive fee amnesty.
Date for the year 2023: Friday, July 28, 2023
Date for the year 2024: To Be Determined
Pay a Ticket
City Tickets may be issued for violating parking, loud noise, animal control, code enforcement, curfew and city park ordinances. Fines for tickets issued are paid to the City through the Ordinance Violations Bureau.
Payments may be made by:
- Cash, Check, Money order, or Visa/Mastercard in the OVB office.
- Check or Money order by mail.
- Online by Visa/Mastercard:
- For Parking Tickets – AIMS Parking
Parking Tickets & Ordinance Violations Online
What is this service?
Parking Tickets & Ordinance Violations Online enables you to look up parking fines & ordinance violation fees from your computer, making the payment process convenient.
What are some of the features?
- Parking Tickets: Search for tickets using either the ticket number or the vehicle license plate number (tag) and state at AIMS Parking.
- Neighborhood Services & Enforcement Citations: Search by Record ID on the Accela Citizen Access Portal.
- For other Ordinance Violations, please contact the OVB office.
Multiple ticket view:
- View all parking tickets associated with a specific vehicle using the license plate number (tag) and state.
- Not available for Neighborhood Services & Enforcement Citations. Each ticket must be viewed separately.
- Parking Tickets: Pay for one or all tickets associated with a specific vehicle. Payments can be made through secure Internet credit card payment services at AIMS Parking.
- Ordinance Violations: Must be paid to the OVB office either in person or by mail.
Ticket Appeal Form
To dispute a Parking Ticket or Ordinance Violation:
- Complete this form to appeal Parking Tickets.
- Complete this form to appeal Neighborhood Services & Enforcement Citations and other Ordinance Violations. (Not to be used for disputing invoices.)
South Bend Municipal Code
227 W Jefferson Blvd, Suite 1200 S South Bend, IN 46601 Located within the Legal Department on the 12th floor of the County-City Building.
Hours of Operations
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday This office is closed on all major holidays.