Common types of Environmental Violations include: uncollected trash and garbage, litter and debris, uncontrolled dumping, fallen trees, stumps, dead trees, cut brush, demolition remains, appliances or furniture in yard, auto parts and scrap metal, grass over 9 inches tall
Parking Violations What are the guidelines for parking in a Neighborhood?What happens when a vehicle is found in violation?How do…
Trash Can Ticket Regulations [Summary] What are the ticket regulations for trash cans?Containers must not be placed on the front…
Basketball Hoop in the Public Right of Way Basketball hoops are not allowed in city streets or tree lawn areas.…
Abandoned Vehicle Auction Abandoned vehicle auctions are held in order to sell abandoned vehicles that have been impounded and not…
Snow Removal Disability Exemption and Waiver of Liability What is a Snow Removal Disability Exemption and Waiver of Liability form?When…
- When an inspector observes an environmental violation, pictures are taken, a citation is issued, and a letter is sent to the property owner.
- The property owner has 10 days from the date the citation was mailed to abate the violation.
- After the 10 days have passed, an inspector will reinspect the property to verify the issue was abated.
- If the violation was cleaned by owner, the case is closed.
- If the violation is still present, the Neighborhood Enforcement Action Team (NEAT) will be assigned to abate the violation.
- NEAT will take a picture before they abate the violation and after they have abated the violation.
- After the violation has been abated by NEAT, Neighborhood Services & Enforcement will bill the property owner of record for the abatement.
NOTE: The City’s Department of Solid Waste can remedy many problems that involve removal of trash and debris. Dial 311 (or 574-233-0311) to schedule a special pick-up.
Click here to view Tall Grass and Weeds brochure.
Click here to view Unlawful / Uncontrolled Dumping Prevention brochure.
Click here to view Neighborhood Services & Enforcement brochure.
Click here to view Continuous Enforcement brochure.
News & Announcements
227 West Jefferson Blvd. Suite 1300 S South Bend, Indiana 46601