A completed application form, along with any other required documentation and the applicable fees, needs to be submitted to the Department prior to a permit being issued. Go to appropriate link(s) below depending on the type of permit required.
View the City’s Data Policy
The 2020 Indiana Residential Code (based on the 2018 International Code) will now be in effect by the State. This will include the State of Indiana Amendments. 2020 IRC.
A free viewing of the Code Book.
Beginning February 1, 2020, and per IRC 310.1, ALL NEW HOME APPLICATIONS MUST ALSO INCLUDE A BASEMENT PLAN THAT SHOWS AT LEAST ONE EMERGENCY EGRESS WINDOW OR DOOR FOR A COMMON SPACE. The requirement, amended out by the State in the previous Residential Code, is now required for the 2020 Indiana Residential Code (2018 International Residential Code).
- Commercial NEW Construction Addition or Interior Remodel Build Out
- Commercial Roofing Siding Application
- Commercial Interior Demolition Permit Application
- Commercial Demolition Application
- Commercial Fence Permit (City Only)
- Commercial Temporary Trailer Application
- Accessory Permit Application
- Addition Permit Application
- Chimney Permit Application
- City New House Permit
- City Manufactured Modular Home Application
- County New House Application
- County Manufactured Modular Home Application
- New House Northeast Neighborhood Development Area Plan Review Submission
- Addition Permit Application
- Renovation Permit Application
- Residential Moving Permit
- Demolition Permit Application
- Fence Permit Application
- Masonry Permit Application
- Residential Temporary Tent Trailer Application
- Roofing Permit Application
- Siding Permit Application
- Swimming Pool Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Residential Rewire/Upgrade
- Application for Electrical Permit – Solar (Edited)
- Solar Installers Guidelines
- Solar Photovoltaic Permit Application Guidelines
- For ground-mounted solar panels, an accessory/foundation permit must be issued prior to obtaining Electrical Permit Guidelines.
- Plumbing Permit Application
- HVAC Permit Application
Cell Towers & Signs
New Cell Tower Permit Application and Sign Permit Applications for County Properties must be submitted to the Area Plan Commission for approval. Once an Improvement Location Permit has been issued, that document must be brought to the Building Department, along with applicable fees, for permits.
New Cell Tower Applications and Sign Permit Applications for City Properties must be submitted to the City Zoning Department. Once an Improvement Location Permit has been issued, that document must be brought to the Building Department, along with applicable fees, for permits.
Applications for Additions & Substantial Changes to Existing Towers, or Demolition/Removal of Cell Tower Equipment, for City and County Properties, must be submitted to the Building Department, along with applicable fees, for permits.
Now accepting VISA, Discover & Mastercard
125 S Lafayette BlvdSuite 100South Bend, IN 46601
Office Hours: M-F, 7:30 am-4:15 pm