Join us at our
Upcoming Webinars and Events!
Check back soon!
30 Fair Housing Tips and Facts
Click the tips to learn more!
- What is the SBHRC?
- What happens when you file a charge? View the life of a housing charge here
- Stay up to date on training!
- What is the Fair Housing Act?
- Prohibited Housing Activities pt. 1
- Prohibited Housing Activities pt. 2
- Prohibited Housing Activities pt. 3
- Prohibited Housing Activities pt. 4
- Who is exempt from the Fair Housing Act?
- Did you know there are two new protected classes covered under the Fair Housing Act?
- Race and Housing
- Sex and Housing
- Religion and Housing
- National Origin and Housing
- Disability and Housing
- Familial Status and Housing
- Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and Housing
- Know your local fair housing agencies!
- Are you dealing with eviction? Know who to talk to!
- Are you experiencing discrimination or landlord/tenant issues?
- When should you contact Code Enforcement?
- Who to contact when you are having issues with Section 8 or Public Housing?
- Having trouble paying rent because of COVID? Learn about rental assistance
- Who do you contact when you have issues outside the Commission’s geographical jurisdiction?
- Watch out for discriminatory advertising!
- Where you a victim of one of these common housing violations?
- What is a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is a Reasonable Modification?
- Fair Housing Tips to Remember
- Still have questions? Call the Commission today!
The Indiana Consortium of State and Local Human Relations Agencies is offering a $1,000 scholarship for a graduating senior of any Indiana high school. The students are asked to submit an essay discussing some new and innovative ways they can educate the public on civil rights issues affecting our communities. The application and guidelines for submission are attached to this email.
Please help us reach deserving students by sending this opportunity to any high school teacher or student that you know.
Deadline for submission is May 21, 2021
Submit application to: Nikki Quintana, 2310 Parnell Avenue, Fort Wayne, IN 46805
Please direct questions to: Nikki Quintana, Fort Wayne Metropolitan Human Relations Commission (260) 427-5779
Download the application here: Indiana Consortium Scholarship 2021 Application
Thank you and best of luck to your students!