If you are suffering from symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, please contact your primary care provider.
If your primary care provider is within the Beacon, Saint Joseph, or South Bend Clinic networks, you can call the hotline for each provider.
- Beacon Health System Hotline: 855.523.2225
- Saint Joseph Health System: 574.335.8560
- South Bend Clinic: 574.307.6870
If you don’t have a primary care provider, call the central 211 hotline to be connected with a provider.
In line with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the St. Joseph County Health Department, the City of South Bend recommends practicing common-sense health safety tips and social distancing, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap is not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you become sick, stay home and contact your healthcare provider.
- Utilize cough and sneeze etiquette by coughing or sneezing into your elbow or a tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
Recommended measures include social distancing, good hygiene and making sure that residents stay home and call their healthcare provider when exhibiting symptoms.