November 21, 2022 — The City of South Bend’s Fall ReLeaf program is scheduled to resume on Tuesday, November 22 after being suspended last week due to snow. With the short holiday week, City crews will finish portions that were not picked up in the first pass of Zone 5 in the northeast quadrant and Zone 7 in the southeast quadrant. Leaf pickup in other zones will resume next week.
An updated schedule can be found at southbendin.gov/FallReLeaf. The program has been extended until Friday, December 16, weather permitting.
Below are guidelines that residents are asked to follow for the program.
- Leaves need to be raked to the tree lawn area, NOT into the street, by 6:00 a.m. on the pickup date to ensure they are picked up.
- Leaves need to be free of sticks, trash and other debris or they may not be picked up.
- Cars should not be parked on top or in front of leaf piles along curb lines, as this hampers leaf collection.
- Leaf burning is prohibited and is a violation of City ordinance.
- Residents can call 311 with any questions.