Mayor Pete Buttigieg will highlight the City’s 2018 Fall ReLeaf program at the intersection of Oakwood Boulevard and Parkview Place on Wednesday, November 7 at 11:15 a.m. The Mayor will join a ReLeaf crew to demonstrate how residents should prepare their leaves for pickup.
Below are guidelines that residents are asked to follow for the Fall ReLeaf program:
• Leaves need to be raked to the tree lawn area, NOT into the street, by 6:00 a.m. on the pickup date to ensure they are picked up.
• Leaves need to be free of sticks, trash and other debris or they may not be picked up.
• Cars should not be parked on top or in front of leaf piles along curb lines, as this hampers crews from collecting leaves.
• Burning of leaves is prohibited and is a violation of City ordinance.
• Residents can call 311 with any questions.
The Fall ReLeaf program began Monday, October 29 and will run through Tuesday, November 27. City crews will make two passes to collect leaves from neighborhoods, street by street, based on the schedule. More information can be found at southbendin.gov/fallreleaf.
Who: Mayor Pete Buttigieg & Public Works Director Eric Horvath
What: Fall ReLeaf program
When: Wednesday, November 7 at 11:15 a.m.
Where: Oakwood Boulevard and Parkview Place